- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Family Photo Detective
Family Photo Detective, by Maureen A. Taylor, the Photo Detective
Learn how to find GENEALOGY CLUES in old photos and solve FAMILY PHOTO MYSTERIES. Inside, you’ll learn how to:
- Determine the type of image you have – from common paper prints to stereographs to historical daguerreotypes, ambrotypes and tintypes
- Use clothing, accessories and hairstyles to date the image in the correct decade
- Research photographer’s imprint to narrow down when and where the photo was taken
- Compare facial features in multiple photos to confirm identity and family resemblance
- Interview family members to gather more information about the image
- Identify props in the photo to create context for the image
Each chapter includes dozens of historical photos to illustrate key points and provide clear examples. Photo identification expert and genealogist Maureen A. Taylor shows you how to study the clues in your old family photos to put names to faces and recapture their lost stories.