Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy, 2nd Ed.
Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy, 2nd Ed. by Blaine T. Bettinger
Discover the answers to your family history mysteries using the most cutting edge tools available. This plain-English guide is newly updated and expanded to include the latest DNA developments. Once you’ve taking a DNA test, this guide will help you use your often-overwhelming results, with tips for understanding ethnicity estimates, navigating suggested cousin matches, and using third-party tools like GEDmatch to further analyze your data.
- Colorful diagrams & expert definitions that explain key DNA terms & concepts.
- Detailed guides to each of the major kinds of DNA tests.
- Tips for selecting the DNA test that can best help you solve your family mysteries.
- Information about third-party tools you can use to more thoroughly analyze your test results.
- Test comparison guides and research forms to help you select the most appropriate DNA test & organize your results.